One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The rocks typically comprise a monotonous sequence of greywackes, reddish-weathering arkosic sandstones, shales and subordinate conglomerates.’
- ‘The group consists of some 8 km of Moine-like, shallow-marine, arkosic clastics, with conglomerates in the NW adjacent to the Great Glen fault and deeper water sandstone-mudstone turbidites in the Corrieyairack basin.’
- ‘The upper part is more sandy, containing clean, arkosic, sharp-based sandstones up to 50 cm thick with locally matrix-supported conglomeratic bases.’
- ‘During this study, however, chlorite associated with the final stages of deformation has been identified in the limestone and arkosic sandstone of the Timirovo thrust system.’
- ‘One such stone that played an important role in American culture was brownstone, an arkosic sandstone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.