One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for arithmetic logic unit
- ‘The graphics processing unit is said to contain a shader core equipped with 48 arithmetic units ‘that can execute 64 simultaneous threads on groups of 64 vertices or pixels’ - whether they work on vertices or pixels, depends on the workload, apparently.’
- ‘Each pipeline is fed by a single texturing unit as well as a pair of shader units, the arithmetic units used to calculate effects.’
- ‘Despite very high working frequency of the fastest central processing unit, its arithmetic unit proved to be slower than that of the other central processing unit.’
- ‘Zuse's plans to develop a bigger and better computer involved keeping the same memory system but replacing the mechanical arithmetic unit by electromechanical relays.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.