One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for arithmetic logic unit
- ‘Zuse's plans to develop a bigger and better computer involved keeping the same memory system but replacing the mechanical arithmetic unit by electromechanical relays.’
- ‘Each pipeline is fed by a single texturing unit as well as a pair of shader units, the arithmetic units used to calculate effects.’
- ‘Despite very high working frequency of the fastest central processing unit, its arithmetic unit proved to be slower than that of the other central processing unit.’
- ‘The graphics processing unit is said to contain a shader core equipped with 48 arithmetic units ‘that can execute 64 simultaneous threads on groups of 64 vertices or pixels’ - whether they work on vertices or pixels, depends on the workload, apparently.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.