One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A unit in a computer which carries out arithmetic and logical operations.
- ‘Instead, the company implemented an Ultra-Threading Dispatch Processor that distributes the workload among the pixel processors and makes efficient use of the pixel processors' arithmetic logic units (ALUs).’
- ‘As reported in Electronics Times, the company has used an architecture based on arithmetic logic units, in contrast to look-up tables.’
- ‘Also among the chips developed during this period were the 16-foot arithmetic logic unit, 16-foot multiplier and micro-controller chips.’
- ‘The bits may indicate a negative output of the arithmetic logic unit, a carry out signal, an overflow, or a zero output.’
- ‘We are not sticking a few ALUs [arithmetic logic units] here and there.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.