One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The basic monetary unit of Madagascar, equal to five iraimbilanja.
- ‘I've borrowed 10,000 ariary from my sister to buy food.’
- ‘We eat 25kg a month of rice, and it costs us 32,000 ariary.’
- ‘We're working to rehabilitate the roads, earning 24,000 ariary a week.’
- ‘This penalty increases to two to five years' imprisonment, plus a fine of two to ten million ariary.’
- ‘He cut the national education allocation to 557 billion ariary.’
- ‘Electricity cables cost 1 million ariary a metre, and we needed 3km of it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.