One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Instead, this national competition aspires to find the great arguers of the next generation - the politicians, lawyers and philosophers - and pit them against each other.’
- ‘First, arguers must convey to opponents that they are understood, and then they must delineate the aspects of opponents' positions that are valid.’
- ‘Mom also was an inveterate arguer and would defend her point of view to the end.’
- ‘Considering that he's a lawyer he's a useless arguer.’
- ‘And it won't surprise most of you to find out that, in fighting, I'm usually the louder and more forceful arguer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.