One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not influenced by or practising religion.‘areligious rationalism was the prevalent trend’
- ‘I grew up in an areligious household.’
- ‘The temple was holy and spiritual yet somehow areligious in its atmosphere, design and decoration.’
- ‘In Alien, their belief in God - an areligious one, though Christian iconography is scattered throughout the set design - does not save the prisoners who put the most faith in it.’
- ‘I even checked out, and our official corporate charity seems to be excitingly areligious.’
- ‘Spiritualism embraces all religions, really it is areligious.’
- ‘One of the things that has always interested me very much is the fact that I am totally areligious and yet I cannot get rid of religion,’ says Nagarkar.’
- ‘They have no idea that I'm a leftist areligious Democrat, even though I know exactly what their political affiliations are.’
- ‘As their numbers increased, they started living in areligious society headed by a dean.’
- ‘This is received wisdom: omnipresent, areligious, and readily embraced by almost everyone.’
- ‘Since it's entirely possible to have a completely areligious wedding (we did), I don't see why we should be propping up religious notions of partnership.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.