Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Further, the arduousness of state work could be increasingly offset through greater employment of automation and information technology.’
- ‘The reunion is imperilled by the physical arduousness of the journey, the boys' suspicions about the father's true motives and the volatile dynamics among the three.’
- ‘However, the arduousness of this process, and the attempts to block it, should not be forgotten.’
- ‘Nothing daunted, Theroux embarked last year on a journey of astonishing arduousness.’
- ‘I can fax, chat on the net or make a cell-phone call abroad but when I walk over to my nephew's house, only a mile and a half away in a rural campus, my journey has a Victorian arduousness to it.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.