One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Very enthusiastically or passionately.‘both men ardently supported the war’
- ‘They gaze ardently into each other's eyes and confide dark secrets.’
- ‘We are ardently looking forward to his new artworks.’
- ‘For 20 years, she has eloquently and ardently defended civil liberties.’
- ‘I must tell you how much I ardently admire and love you.’
- ‘We all ardently believe this investment is planting a new sustainable economy for the future.’
- ‘He was ardently devoted to the least detail.’
- ‘I will fight as ardently as I know how.’
- ‘That he is selectively reaching out to some unions does not mean he is bending his ardently pro-business ideology.’
- ‘He firmly believed in national education and ardently supported the separation of church and state.’
- ‘He looked on writing as the occupation most likely to bring the fame that he ardently desired, and this helps to explain his next enterprise.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.