One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Very enthusiastically or passionately.‘both men ardently supported the war’
- ‘That he is selectively reaching out to some unions does not mean he is bending his ardently pro-business ideology.’
- ‘I must tell you how much I ardently admire and love you.’
- ‘We all ardently believe this investment is planting a new sustainable economy for the future.’
- ‘For 20 years, she has eloquently and ardently defended civil liberties.’
- ‘He was ardently devoted to the least detail.’
- ‘He firmly believed in national education and ardently supported the separation of church and state.’
- ‘He looked on writing as the occupation most likely to bring the fame that he ardently desired, and this helps to explain his next enterprise.’
- ‘I will fight as ardently as I know how.’
- ‘We are ardently looking forward to his new artworks.’
- ‘They gaze ardently into each other's eyes and confide dark secrets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.