One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A chief priest.
- ‘In 1755 Fagnano was appointed as archpriest, a very high rank to achieve.’
- ‘They would say that being an archpriest of a major basilica is an important job, you need a senior churchman to do it.’
- ‘‘I know your mission here, of course,’ the archpriest told him, ‘and I have information for you.’’
- ‘The words slid into my mind like the drifting feather of an angel, and I remembered what the archpriest had said just before I'd left.’
- ‘In a given year, in 1824, for example, there were 34,095 priests and archpriests, 15,081 deacons, and 59,740 sacristans in Russia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.