One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The archness doesn't really get in the way of the crime fighting, but it does lift this book from potentially boring to perfectly diversionary summer reading.’
- ‘Moreover, his fascination with B-movies, science fiction and the rest of pop culture was self-conscious but not qualified by archness or irony.’
- ‘There is no archness in the presentation of this stuff; it does not read with a hint of irony, it has no sly jokes between the lines, no punchlines whatsoever.’
- ‘I found this a satisfying device, teetering on archness, but successful in maintaining a playful tone.’
- ‘There's a sense of delicacy and detail in his approach that saves it from descending into rarefied archness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.