Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Four major routes led through France, on which were located many architecturally important churches.’
- ‘The German parliament developed an ambitious program to decorate these new buildings with architecturally sensitive works.’
- ‘Architecturally, the new addition helps to unify 40 years of facade evolution.’
- ‘He tended to use the clay architecturally more than organically.’
- ‘Second homes are often more architecturally successful than primary residences.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.