One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or invented by Archimedes.‘an Archimedean globe’
- ‘About 1,200 years ago a scribe wrote onto parchment seven Archimedean treatises, including two found nowhere else.’
- ‘He added that the Archimedean turbine did not harm wildlife, describing it as "fish neutral" rather than "fish friendly"’
- ‘His discovery of lost Archimedean works made front page news on July 16th, 1907.’
- ‘Estimated volumes are then compared with the volumes obtained by the Archimedean principle.’
- ‘The Archimedean screw turns as falling water from the top of the dam flows through it, activating a turbine and generating power.’
- ‘Galileo affirmed the Archimedean ideal of deductive systematization.’
- ‘Descartes's vision of science thus combined the Archimedean, the Pythagorean, and the atomist points of view.’
- ‘Several numerically calculated trajectories are illustrated, and base Archimedean spirals are compared with analytically obtained results.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.