One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or invented by Archimedes.‘an Archimedean globe’
- ‘The Archimedean screw turns as falling water from the top of the dam flows through it, activating a turbine and generating power.’
- ‘Several numerically calculated trajectories are illustrated, and base Archimedean spirals are compared with analytically obtained results.’
- ‘Galileo affirmed the Archimedean ideal of deductive systematization.’
- ‘About 1,200 years ago a scribe wrote onto parchment seven Archimedean treatises, including two found nowhere else.’
- ‘He added that the Archimedean turbine did not harm wildlife, describing it as "fish neutral" rather than "fish friendly"’
- ‘Estimated volumes are then compared with the volumes obtained by the Archimedean principle.’
- ‘Descartes's vision of science thus combined the Archimedean, the Pythagorean, and the atomist points of view.’
- ‘His discovery of lost Archimedean works made front page news on July 16th, 1907.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.