Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Eger was given archiepiscopacy in 1804, and János Pyrker, the bishop of Eger, ordered the designs of the building from the architect József Hild.’
- ‘Shkodra was the seat of the Catholic archiepiscopacy and had a number of religious schools.’
- ‘In AD 816, during his archiepiscopacy, the Council of Chelsea enacted eleven canons to regulate the services and the government of the Church.’
- ‘He founded the archiepiscopacy of Esztergom.’
- ‘Yet, Oblate status within the Baltimore religious community improved significantly with the succession of Francis Patrick Kenrick to the archiepiscopacy of Baltimore in 1851.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.