One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Its style, archetypical characters and comic situations are given their full measure and mirth by the Bell Shakespeare Company, albeit with a slightly modern twist.’
- ‘One paralyzed by his own frustration with the world, the other a sworn couch potato who makes a religion out of channel surfing, the two men are the archetypical bad roommates.’
- ‘Not exactly the archetypical starving writer, is she?’
- ‘What makes it additionally interesting is that it is a very archetypical Scottish story.’
- ‘Unpublished letters by William Wordsworth's sister-in-law offering fresh insights into the life and times of the archetypical Lake District poet have been handed over to The Wordsworth Trust.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.