Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Created in Rome in 1912, it is one of Manship's earliest works in which he employs these archaistic elements.’
- ‘Qing carving often included some part of an archaistic motif with the Qing style.’
- ‘Due to the archaistic nature of the source material there remains some ambiguity.’
- ‘The foot is divided by four flanges and shows archaistic motifs vaguely suggestive of animal forms.’
- ‘Most of the archaistic and literal words can be found in lyrics dealing with religion and history.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.