One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I'm self employed, a good chunk of my clients still - archaically - pay by cheque.’
- ‘Tina explains that turnkey archaically means jailer and holder of the keys.’
- ‘But archaically the ladies' menus don't show prices.’
- ‘The archaically worded patent - for an ‘information handling system and terminal apparatus’ - makes passing reference to links within the ‘remote terminal’ network that you might remember as Prestel.’
- ‘Classical Victorian evolutionism regarded the archaically living Tasmanian Aborigines - who were dying out before their very eyes - as the living representatives of the early Stone Age.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.