Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The application of scientific techniques to the dating of archaeological remains.
- ‘He organises the neutron irradiations for the archaeometry studies.’
- ‘This site is designed to be used as a resource for the teaching of archaeometry and archaeological science at universities and, in some cases, secondary schools.’
- ‘In its broadest sense, archaeometry represents the interface between archaeology and the natural and physical sciences.’
- ‘The seminar covers general aspects of archaeometry, given by invited speakers and students.’
- ‘The National Science Foundation's division of behavioral and cognitive sciences, part of the directorate of social, behavioral, and economic sciences, invites proposals for archaeometry awards under the archaeology program.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.