One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who studies human history and prehistory through the excavation of sites and the analysis of artefacts and other physical remains.‘Chinese archaeologists uncovered life-sized terracotta statues’
- ‘As an archaeologist, I am used to interpreting burials.’
- ‘She is an Egyptian archaeologist prominent in the campaign to prevent the desecration of historic sites.’
- ‘An archeologist of urban experience, he creates a "great mound of expressed desire."’
- ‘He is an archaeologist who is trying to unearth the truth about the 15th-century Welsh rebel Owen Glyndwr.’
- ‘My fellow archaeologist is an expert on this enigmatic Bronze Age rock art.’
- ‘Archaeologist Keevill has been digging up some interesting finds in the little village of Dorchester.’
- ‘He plays patriarch an ailing archeologist who's preoccupied with funeral rituals.’
- ‘He may still look like a teenager, but this filmmaker is an articulate "emotional archeologist" who really sells the magic of history.’
- ‘During excavation, archaeologists found human remains thought to date back to ancient Roman times.’
- ‘Renaissance artists like Pirro Ligorio might be regarded as professional antiquarians and amateur archaeologists.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.