One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who studies human history and prehistory through the excavation of sites and the analysis of artefacts and other physical remains.‘Chinese archaeologists uncovered life-sized terracotta statues’
- ‘An archeologist of urban experience, he creates a "great mound of expressed desire."’
- ‘He is an archaeologist who is trying to unearth the truth about the 15th-century Welsh rebel Owen Glyndwr.’
- ‘She is an Egyptian archaeologist prominent in the campaign to prevent the desecration of historic sites.’
- ‘He may still look like a teenager, but this filmmaker is an articulate "emotional archeologist" who really sells the magic of history.’
- ‘As an archaeologist, I am used to interpreting burials.’
- ‘My fellow archaeologist is an expert on this enigmatic Bronze Age rock art.’
- ‘Renaissance artists like Pirro Ligorio might be regarded as professional antiquarians and amateur archaeologists.’
- ‘During excavation, archaeologists found human remains thought to date back to ancient Roman times.’
- ‘He plays patriarch an ailing archeologist who's preoccupied with funeral rituals.’
- ‘Archaeologist Keevill has been digging up some interesting finds in the little village of Dorchester.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.