One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to archaeology.‘uprooting trees will disturb any archaeological remains below ground level’‘the archaeological sites of Mesopotamia’
- ‘Among the recent urban planning efforts in Athens is one of the most ambitious modern engineering/archaeological projects ever undertaken.’
- ‘We substituted many of the archeological pieces with replicas for tactile discovery.’
- ‘The complex includes a major library, museum, youth center and hostel, classroom facilities, and an archaeological research institute.’
- ‘This enclosure for archaeological remains at Ephesus elegantly reconciles historic conservation with accessibility for visitors.’
- ‘The stadium resembles a modern archaeological relic poised in an excavated landscape.’
- ‘An archaeological dig is taking place near the palace.’
- ‘It was a determined effort to apply the new archaeological information to the creation of a new architecture directly inspired by the antique.’
- ‘The situation was further complicated by the archaeological researches in Egypt of scholars attached to the conquering armies of Napoleon.’
- ‘Changes of material mark positions of former walls, a revelation of archaeological history.’
- ‘The remains that emerged from the overburden of centuries of rubbish were themselves the object of intense archaeological interest.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.