One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Thus the big toe has been given some recognition, albeit arcanely, as a special digit.’
- ‘She had picked up some tips from her father: watch the wool market because it indicates when a Depression is coming; or, more arcanely, keep an eye out for two sure signs that war is on the way: clothes become drab and women wear boots.’
- ‘I particularly liked Clark Richert's ‘World Game,’ a 1990 depiction of Denver rendered in Richert's maniacally precise idiom, a dreamy science fiction, full of arcanely beautiful images.’
- ‘The audio capabilities of cell phones and audio engines vary widely, from the completely rudimentary to the arcanely sophisticated.’
- ‘The legacy of those years is thousands of albums cluttering up our apartment, arcanely filed and catalogued.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.