One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘By 1300 the arch and gable motif was ubiquitous on wall arcading, tombs, shrine bases, ivories, and liturgical furnishings, the largest and most prominent of which were painted altarpieces.’
- ‘100 years ago, an important discovery was made during restoration work to the nave arcading on the north side of Holy Trinity Church in Micklegate, which had been walled up for several centuries.’
- ‘Some of the tower's best surviving medieval architecture can be found inside, such as decorative arcading along the walls.’
- ‘The doors of the bookcase, instead of being glazed, have brass trelliswork framed by a double row of Gothic arcading.’
- ‘Externally St Peter's is interesting enough, with a low but ornate west tower, and long nave and chancel along which runs blind arcading.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.