One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The arcaded splendour of the Piazza del Duomo seemed to effortlessly shrug off the scaffolding in place when we visited - testament to the awesome power of the place.’
- ‘The modern farm has no place for the 19 th-century classic steading, built to a formula with arcaded cart sheds, threshing mill, barn, byres and cattle court around a U-shaped courtyard.’
- ‘Yet the ballroom's lofty wood-panelled ceiling and tall seaward windows, along with an adjoining dining hall and arcaded veranda, do evoke another more gracious age.’
- ‘The Hollies, with arcaded brickwork arches at the front, has two reception rooms and a ‘dairy ‘or pantry that could be turned into a utility room.’’
- ‘The most important room on view is the Harem, a compound of around 300 shining tiled chambers on several levels, connected by arcaded courts and fountain gardens.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.