One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The arcaded splendour of the Piazza del Duomo seemed to effortlessly shrug off the scaffolding in place when we visited - testament to the awesome power of the place.’
- ‘The modern farm has no place for the 19 th-century classic steading, built to a formula with arcaded cart sheds, threshing mill, barn, byres and cattle court around a U-shaped courtyard.’
- ‘The most important room on view is the Harem, a compound of around 300 shining tiled chambers on several levels, connected by arcaded courts and fountain gardens.’
- ‘Yet the ballroom's lofty wood-panelled ceiling and tall seaward windows, along with an adjoining dining hall and arcaded veranda, do evoke another more gracious age.’
- ‘The Hollies, with arcaded brickwork arches at the front, has two reception rooms and a ‘dairy ‘or pantry that could be turned into a utility room.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.