One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A technique in which metals are welded using the heat generated by an electric arc.
- ‘The body is assembled using a variety of techniques, including arc welding, spot welding, and self-piercing rivets.’
- ‘Submerged arc welding would not normally be used on free-machining steels.’
- ‘Nacey explains that in order for there to be fast, good, arc welding, it's necessary to have coordinated control of the wire feed speed, pulse waveform, and robot movement.’
- ‘This is compared to a current density of only 104 watts per square centimeter for arc welding.’
- ‘The welding processes most commonly employed today include gas welding, arc welding, and resistance welding.’
- ‘In some cases the gas tungsten arc welding or plasma hot wire process is used.’
- ‘This same caution applies to automatic flux-cored arc welding or gas metal arc welding.’
- ‘Preheat requirements would be similar to gas metal arc welding.’
- ‘All the welders were engaged in shielded manual metal arc welding.’
- ‘For instance, Trivedi points out that a towering metal sculpture designed by Pablo Picasso wouldn't be possible without arc welding.’
- ‘For shielded metal arc welding, there are two basic types of electrode coatings.’
- ‘Traditional gas metal arc welding was a very time-consuming process and created quite a lot of repair and scrap.’
- ‘Traditional arc welding has the advantage of being inexpensive, but it's tricky to control.’
- ‘Shielded metal arc welding can be used to weld a wide range of thickness of copper alloys.’
- ‘Tungsten arc welding, using inert shielding gases, is hardly a new process.’
- ‘This effect is minimized with gas metal arc welding because of the higher welding speed utilized.’
- ‘The covered electrodes are the most popular type of filler metal used in arc welding.’
- ‘For example, submerged arc welding is widely used for building up the surface of worn parts.’
- ‘The equipment required is identical to that required for shielded metal arc welding.’
- ‘Gas-metal arc welding is used to join titanium and titanium alloys more than 3 mm thick.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.