One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A technique in which metals are welded using the heat generated by an electric arc.
- ‘Submerged arc welding would not normally be used on free-machining steels.’
- ‘The covered electrodes are the most popular type of filler metal used in arc welding.’
- ‘The body is assembled using a variety of techniques, including arc welding, spot welding, and self-piercing rivets.’
- ‘For example, submerged arc welding is widely used for building up the surface of worn parts.’
- ‘For shielded metal arc welding, there are two basic types of electrode coatings.’
- ‘The equipment required is identical to that required for shielded metal arc welding.’
- ‘Gas-metal arc welding is used to join titanium and titanium alloys more than 3 mm thick.’
- ‘Preheat requirements would be similar to gas metal arc welding.’
- ‘All the welders were engaged in shielded manual metal arc welding.’
- ‘This same caution applies to automatic flux-cored arc welding or gas metal arc welding.’
- ‘Traditional gas metal arc welding was a very time-consuming process and created quite a lot of repair and scrap.’
- ‘For instance, Trivedi points out that a towering metal sculpture designed by Pablo Picasso wouldn't be possible without arc welding.’
- ‘In some cases the gas tungsten arc welding or plasma hot wire process is used.’
- ‘The welding processes most commonly employed today include gas welding, arc welding, and resistance welding.’
- ‘Shielded metal arc welding can be used to weld a wide range of thickness of copper alloys.’
- ‘Traditional arc welding has the advantage of being inexpensive, but it's tricky to control.’
- ‘This is compared to a current density of only 104 watts per square centimeter for arc welding.’
- ‘Nacey explains that in order for there to be fast, good, arc welding, it's necessary to have coordinated control of the wire feed speed, pulse waveform, and robot movement.’
- ‘Tungsten arc welding, using inert shielding gases, is hardly a new process.’
- ‘This effect is minimized with gas metal arc welding because of the higher welding speed utilized.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.