One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tree surgeon.
- ‘If you hire an arborist, make sure he or she follows these same disinfection precautions.’
- ‘The majority of tree problems most arborists see are a result of poor cultural practices, and construction damage leads the list in most areas of the country.’
- ‘Bob Rouse, staff arborist with the National Arborist Association in New Hampshire, suggests that you mount your tire swing with an eyebolt rather than wrap rope around the tree's limb.’
- ‘Meanwhile, arborists are giving special treatments to the National Champion American hack-berry near Mason City, Illinois.’
- ‘Working closely with both organizations, we additionally solicited the volunteer support of a number of arborists, foresters, landscape architects, and other professionals in the field of forestry.’
- ‘This dilemma - how to save the bats and also protect the gardens - has conservationists and arborists searching for solutions.’
- ‘When planning to prune trees, consult with a professional arborist.’
- ‘Phelan, one of many passionate arborists dwelling in Silicon Valley, collected and husbanded numerous California flora and fauna on his favorite estate.’
- ‘An interesting conclusion now being drawn by arborists is that the tap root actually disappears as the tree matures in its 20s and 30s.’
- ‘He may be concerned as an arborist / tree surgeon with trees which form no part of a forest and do not qualify as growing timber.’
- ‘John Keslick, an arborist from Pennsylvania says that you can save a sprout to grow into a new tree in the same spot.’
- ‘This is often too big a job to take on by yourself (without damaging other plants or yourself) and I would recommend hiring a professional arborist.’
- ‘The trees were not trimmed by qualified arborists but by a landscaping outfit armed with chain saws.’
- ‘So we talked with arborists and horticulturists to learn about the pros and cons of fast-growing trees for each region in the West.’
- ‘I would photograph the growths and have an arborist or nurseryman positively identify the growth.’
- ‘You might consult with an arborist to determine whether installation of a root barrier, root pruning or even removal of a tree would be helpful.’
- ‘If you have to go to court, because of the high value an ornamental tree can have, make sure you have a good lawyer and a good arborist.’
- ‘Mr Edwards, who is disabled and so can't help with the digging and preparation for the planting, instead uses his skills as a tree surgeon and arborist, to plan the planting.’
- ‘Two full time arborists are supported by a group of volunteers.’
- ‘Landscapers and city arborists consider this female byproduct to be ‘litter, ‘and they don't like to see it lying on our sidewalks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.