One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It was subject to a condition that work be carried out between the 1st October and 31st March for the reason that it was ‘in the interests of good arboricultural practice’.’
- ‘The city council's leisure department, which is responsible for parks, has contacted specialists to examine the diseased trees, alongside the city's resident arboricultural officer.’
- ‘Simon Turner, arboricultural officer at Kennet District Council, said: ‘They have severed the roots and we are looking at measures to ensure the tree doesn't die or if it does die to get a replacement tree.’’
- ‘Replacement values typically are calculated using an arboricultural industry formula based on a particular tree's intrinsic value for size, species, and health.’
- ‘Harvey Lowson, City of York Council's arboricultural officer, said: ‘This hard decision has been made because the tree is in poor structural condition and is positioned over the busy public square.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.