One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Replacement values typically are calculated using an arboricultural industry formula based on a particular tree's intrinsic value for size, species, and health.’
- ‘The city council's leisure department, which is responsible for parks, has contacted specialists to examine the diseased trees, alongside the city's resident arboricultural officer.’
- ‘Harvey Lowson, City of York Council's arboricultural officer, said: ‘This hard decision has been made because the tree is in poor structural condition and is positioned over the busy public square.’’
- ‘It was subject to a condition that work be carried out between the 1st October and 31st March for the reason that it was ‘in the interests of good arboricultural practice’.’
- ‘Simon Turner, arboricultural officer at Kennet District Council, said: ‘They have severed the roots and we are looking at measures to ensure the tree doesn't die or if it does die to get a replacement tree.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.