One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not based on or governed by logical reasoning.
- ‘The body of arational knowledge within the organisation must be recognised by the researcher.’
- ‘Suppose that, instead of picking one over the other, the agent realizes that performing arational actions is something s/he wants to avoid.’
- ‘The first is that I explicitly admit that is an unjustified, foundational, non-contingent, arational belief.’
- ‘According to him, clarity is an essential aspect of the arational structure of consciousness.’
- ‘It is worth noting that philosophers have themselves been the ones to spill much ink over the role that may be played by arational factors in science.’
- ‘Evaluating irrational and arational decisions based on our emotions with mathematics may be impossible.’
- ‘It's not so much irrational as arational in my reading.’
- ‘They had difficulty in dealing with how business was actually done, and in particular with the arational, human realities of the organization including their own emotional involvement.’
- ‘Since absolute value judgments are necessarily arational, anything can be called absolutely good and anything can be seen as a cause of guilt.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.