One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An edible Pacific seaweed with broad brown leaves which is used in Japanese cooking.
- ‘Shredded carrots are soused in soy sauce and mixed with sesame seeds, coriander and arame, a Japanese algae seaweed product.’
- ‘Like arame, brown algae called hijiki are used as an ingredient in soups or other slowly cooked or simmered dishes, although characterized by a slightly bitter flavor.’
- ‘Saute arame in heated oil for 3-5 minutes.’
- ‘Soak the arame in cold water for 10 minutes to reconstitute.’
- ‘Chewy tender arame, the mildest of sea vegetables, supplies dietary fiber and a wealth of vitamins and minerals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.