One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to Arabia or its inhabitants.‘I stepped out of the plane and into the Arabian summer heat’
- ‘Then, the camera shows the baffled Englishman looking like a lost tourist in a busy Arabian street, shouting ‘Hello?’’
- ‘Christiane, who is originally from Germany, is presently advertising to perform her Arabian belly dancing at Christmas parties and other functions.’
- ‘Southern Iraq was inhabited by Arabian tribesmen, some of whom recognized the Sesanian monarchy.’
- ‘Although accurate, it does not provide alternative methodologies for studying pre-Islamic Arabian society.’
- ‘Amouage, an Arabian perfume manufacturer based in Oman used to provide perfume exclusively to royalty but has expanded its market around the world.’
1A native or inhabitant of Arabia.
- ‘They defined themselves by what they were not: not black, not girls, not Hispanic, not Arabian.’
- ‘It also affects people of Arabian, Greek, Maltese, Italian, Sardinian, Turkish and Indian ancestry.’
- ‘The Arabians themselves were broken up into various clans who traced their lineage to Abraham and his son Ishmael.’
- ‘The Berbers put up resistance, particularly to the edict that both religious and political leaders could only be Arabian.’
- ‘They even brought in some local Arabians in his honor.’
- 1.1 An Arab horse.
- ‘I prefer Warmbloods and Arabians, if there are no Thoroughbreds, for their outstanding speed, nimble strides, and excellent carriage.’
- ‘When she began drinking the ice in the bottle shook, and the Arabian she was saddled on didn't seem to like the noise.’
- ‘The contest, as portrayed in the film, is a centuries-old annual event restricted to the best Bedouin horsemen and the finest Arabians.’
- ‘Croft eased his own horse forward, looked back one last time at the Arabian who had stretched out its neck toward him as if sorry to see him leave.’
- ‘The rider had led Zawahiri back to the horse, the Arabian snorting a few times at the stranger.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.