Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The clear fluid filling the space in the front of the eyeball between the lens and the cornea.Compare with vitreous humour
- ‘Therefore, it has no blood vessels and instead is nourished by tears, environmental oxygen, and the aqueous humor of the anterior chamber.’
- ‘The iris is an internal organ of the eye that is located behind the cornea and the aqueous humor.’
- ‘Light that has been focused through the cornea and aqueous humor hits the lens, which then focuses it further, sending the light rays through the vitreous humor and onto the retina.’
- ‘A clear fluid called aqueous humor produced inside the eye has to flow out of the eye through the angle.’
- ‘The cornea and aqueous humor absorb a high percentage of the UVA and UVB incident upon the eye surface.’
- ‘Nourishment for your cornea comes from your tears and the aqueous humor - the clear fluid that fills the space between your iris and cornea.’
- ‘The anterior chamber is located behind the cornea and in front of the iris and is filled with approximately 0.2 mL of aqueous humor.’
- ‘Lasers can be used to burn the circular ciliary body that produces the aqueous humour.’
- ‘The eyeball is filled with a watery fluid called aqueous humour, which creates pressure and helps maintain the shape of the eyeball.’
- ‘The surgery is described as the placement of a small tube or valve in the eye that regulates the buildup of aqueous humor within the eye.’
- ‘Because of its porous nature, large molecules are able to diffuse into the canal and, although it is a vein, it carries aqueous humor, not blood.’
- ‘This makes it easier for the aqueous humour to flow out of the eye and reduces pressure, preventing further damage.’
- ‘Immediately behind the cornea is the anterior chamber, filled with fluid called aqueous humour.’
- ‘We know that when eyes are shut, oxygen can reach the cornea from the iris solely by way of the stagnant aqueous humor.’
- ‘Significant increases in vitamin C in lens, aqueous humor, and plasma were noted.’
- ‘Pilocarpine drops may be used to constrict the pupil and re-establish circulation of aqueous humor.’
- ‘It burns the ciliary body, reduces production of the aqueous humour, and can reduce intraocular pressures even in refractory disease.’
- ‘The dioptric system includes the cornea, the lens, the aqueous humor within the anterior eye chamber, and the vitreous body.’
- ‘The serous fluid content of the anterior chamber is called the aqueous humor, and the thicker, viscous fluid within the posterior chamber is the vitreous humor.’
- ‘Evaluation of selenium levels in humans has found lower than normal levels in sera and aqueous humor in cataract patients.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.