Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The barge also features some aquaponic techniques, which rely on the natural give and take between creatures and plants.’
- ‘The project provides entrepreneur training, startup assistance, and regional marketing for future "aquaponic" operations in eastern Kentucky.’
- ‘Their aquaponic greenhouses would be built in vacant lots and on rooftops.’
- ‘There are also potential green 'aquaponic' concepts of using water from fish ponds to irrigate hydroponic plant crops then recirculating the purified water to the fish tanks.’
- ‘The farm, which thrives on a recirculated aquaponic system, offered tender Bibb lettuce ($3 a head) and beautiful leeks ($1 each).’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.