One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See a priori
- ‘Indeed, I spent a considerable amount of time during my post-doc year studying Austrian economics at NYU trying to convince a number of Austrians to abandon their commitment to apriorism.’
- ‘Some neo-positivists cannot forgive him for his anti-positivism, and some empiricists cannot be patient with his apriorism.’
- ‘My intention here is not so much to raise doubts about them, however, nor to question their apriorism.’
- ‘In my view, his own methodological framework cannot solve his original problem and it suffers from a slight bias towards apriorism.’
- ‘Philosophers who advocate a naturalistic approach to epistemology sometimes intend only to reject the high apriorism mandated by the idea of epistemology as first philosophy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.