One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(as written abbreviation) an appointment.‘I have an appt with my accountant on Monday morning’‘one of the children has medical problems requiring lots of doctor's appts’
- ‘It is good that they pay for you to see a therapist, but for a full year they only allow 8 appts.’
- ‘Have her see her doctor if she has any signs of pain, especially if it's been a few months since the last appt.’
- ‘I'm also going to be seeing a psychologist when I get back from my trip, as soon as I make an appt.’
- ‘Woke up this morning, didn't go to school since I had dental appt.’
- ‘I arrived dead on time for my appt this afternoon.’
- ‘Office hours: Mon & Thurs 11-12, by appt.’
- ‘Tomorrow i've got a series of appts (two interviews, only one is for a part-time position, which is better than nothing but not great).’
- ‘I managed to book a solicitor's appt to sort out my Nan's will.’
- ‘So I get to the office at 9 am and I find out my appt is at 9:30 am! Argh, how annoying.’
- ‘Anyways, when my appt comes around I tell the woman that I don't think I lost any weight.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.