One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being suitable or proper in the circumstances.‘some staff members question the appropriateness of this practice’‘activities are selected for their appropriateness to the day's weather’
- ‘I think the question of its appropriateness depends on how you view the role of the critic.’
- ‘The student may report symptoms of a problem that alert the counselor to the appropriateness of a referral for further assessment.’
- ‘The appropriateness of traditional reward systems may be limited.’
- ‘There's a longer essay here on the appropriateness of this material for kids.’
- ‘They are sparking a debate about the appropriateness of a military course of action.’
- ‘The appropriateness of using survey data for drawing conclusions about computer and Internet use patterns needs to be verified.’
- ‘They are particularly sensitive to interpersonal and situational specifications of behavioral appropriateness.’
- ‘I'm not about to debate the appropriateness of the attitude.’
- ‘I wonder if you could briefly comment on the movie's appropriateness for young fans.’
- ‘This raises a more fundamental question about the appropriateness of opinion surveys in terms of determining what "should be."’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.