One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being suitable or proper in the circumstances.‘some staff members question the appropriateness of this practice’‘activities are selected for their appropriateness to the day's weather’
- ‘I wonder if you could briefly comment on the movie's appropriateness for young fans.’
- ‘I'm not about to debate the appropriateness of the attitude.’
- ‘They are sparking a debate about the appropriateness of a military course of action.’
- ‘I think the question of its appropriateness depends on how you view the role of the critic.’
- ‘The appropriateness of traditional reward systems may be limited.’
- ‘There's a longer essay here on the appropriateness of this material for kids.’
- ‘They are particularly sensitive to interpersonal and situational specifications of behavioral appropriateness.’
- ‘This raises a more fundamental question about the appropriateness of opinion surveys in terms of determining what "should be."’
- ‘The student may report symptoms of a problem that alert the counselor to the appropriateness of a referral for further assessment.’
- ‘The appropriateness of using survey data for drawing conclusions about computer and Internet use patterns needs to be verified.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.