Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Smuts wrote of his simplicity of character and approachableness.’
- ‘Some of the characters are menacing in appearance and therefore limit their approachableness.’
- ‘I hope my approachableness allows others to feel comfortable and relaxed around me to voice their questions, concerns or ideas.’
- ‘What will strike you about him first is his extraordinary intelligence, and secondly his approachableness, humility and willingness to share his talents for the well-being of others.’
- ‘Meekness involves being childlike in approachableness and willing to listen to others.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.