Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘A direct mail piece or newsletter featuring the smiling faces of your employees emphasizes approachability and friendliness, thereby enhancing your company image and inviting customer trust.’
- ‘In medical design, approachability, intuitiveness, ease of use, and strategic value are the most critical aspects, he explained.’
- ‘I love the feel of it, its smell, its friendliness and approachability, its ease-of-use and flexibility.’
- ‘His many parables, his wisdom, his humor and his approachability make his message accessible to both the scholar and the man on the street.’
- ‘In fact, she is the very image of the modesty and approachability which so often characterise people who make their living on the Scottish stage.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.