One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stroke which sends the ball from the fairway on to or nearer the green.
- ‘A well-struck wedge can help you save par or bogey when your approach shot misses the green.’
- ‘As we concluded a particularly competitive match one of our opponents hit an approach shot over a green into a palmetto bush.’
- ‘He'd walk halfway to the green sizing up an approach shot.’
- ‘When I'm hitting an approach shot, I want to know how far it is to the front of the green, how far it is to the pin, and how far behind the pin I can go without hitting it off the green.’
- ‘On the first hole, I hit my approach shot to 15 feet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.