One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stroke which sends the ball from the fairway on to or nearer the green.
- ‘He'd walk halfway to the green sizing up an approach shot.’
- ‘On the first hole, I hit my approach shot to 15 feet.’
- ‘When I'm hitting an approach shot, I want to know how far it is to the front of the green, how far it is to the pin, and how far behind the pin I can go without hitting it off the green.’
- ‘As we concluded a particularly competitive match one of our opponents hit an approach shot over a green into a palmetto bush.’
- ‘A well-struck wedge can help you save par or bogey when your approach shot misses the green.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.