Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
nounin phrase on appro
on trial, under probationView synonyms
- ‘Place this sale on appro, which is a form of sale where goods are lent to a customer on approval, with the assumption that they will buy them, however they may return them also.’
- ‘We do not order overseas titles to send on appro but are happy to send on appro if we already have the title in stock.’
- ‘We do not give animals on appro, but the adoption process does allow for animals to be returned if they do not fit into your family, within a certain time frame.’
- ‘All products sent on Appro will be invoiced after 14 days.’
- ‘Inquire asking for shipping costs to your city, maybe about availability of the item, and anything else - like your intended method of payment, or whether you just want to try something out on appro.’
- ‘Today, it's a tribute to the store that service standards are so high and they will still send articles ‘on appro’ and by mail and wrap them for you.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.