One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounin phrase on appro
on trial, under probationView synonyms
- ‘We do not give animals on appro, but the adoption process does allow for animals to be returned if they do not fit into your family, within a certain time frame.’
- ‘All products sent on Appro will be invoiced after 14 days.’
- ‘Place this sale on appro, which is a form of sale where goods are lent to a customer on approval, with the assumption that they will buy them, however they may return them also.’
- ‘We do not order overseas titles to send on appro but are happy to send on appro if we already have the title in stock.’
- ‘Today, it's a tribute to the store that service standards are so high and they will still send articles ‘on appro’ and by mail and wrap them for you.’
- ‘Inquire asking for shipping costs to your city, maybe about availability of the item, and anything else - like your intended method of payment, or whether you just want to try something out on appro.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.