One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The position of an apprentice.‘he served his apprenticeship as a fitter’‘the company once offered apprenticeships’‘six young chefs have completed their apprenticeships’‘he's in the second year of his apprenticeship’
traineeship, training period, studentship, novitiateView synonyms
- ‘As a result, the students have won several awards or been offered apprenticeships.’
- ‘Both students have signed up for apprenticeships and are looking forward to getting their hands dirty in their new careers.’
- ‘Training providers have low levels of recruitment, retention and pass rates and few trainees finish apprenticeships.’
- ‘They look at changes in costs of apprenticeships and trainees.’
- ‘At the end of their apprenticeships trainees became journeymen, fully skilled tradesmen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.