One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The position of an apprentice.‘he served his apprenticeship as a fitter’‘the company once offered apprenticeships’‘six young chefs have completed their apprenticeships’‘he's in the second year of his apprenticeship’
traineeship, training period, studentship, novitiateView synonyms
- ‘As a result, the students have won several awards or been offered apprenticeships.’
- ‘At the end of their apprenticeships trainees became journeymen, fully skilled tradesmen.’
- ‘Training providers have low levels of recruitment, retention and pass rates and few trainees finish apprenticeships.’
- ‘They look at changes in costs of apprenticeships and trainees.’
- ‘Both students have signed up for apprenticeships and are looking forward to getting their hands dirty in their new careers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.