One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We wonder apprehensively about what will happen to the traffic as the economy expands, and ever more people switch from two wheels to four.’
- ‘The men at the resort all looked apprehensively at this glow and we learnt that a forest fire was headed towards our resort.’
- ‘One of the boys sleeps on a sofa while the other stares complacently at the camera, arms raised apprehensively.’
- ‘I looked around apprehensively to find the ‘essential services only’ notice but could see nothing.’
- ‘He has to be double-handcuffed when they apprehensively allow him out of his cell.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.