One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I looked around apprehensively to find the ‘essential services only’ notice but could see nothing.’
- ‘The men at the resort all looked apprehensively at this glow and we learnt that a forest fire was headed towards our resort.’
- ‘One of the boys sleeps on a sofa while the other stares complacently at the camera, arms raised apprehensively.’
- ‘He has to be double-handcuffed when they apprehensively allow him out of his cell.’
- ‘We wonder apprehensively about what will happen to the traffic as the economy expands, and ever more people switch from two wheels to four.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.