One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Today consumers love products that have appreciatory value -’ I might not own the mansion, but I can have the floor of the wealthy.’’
- ‘I'll respect and consider them, I'll be grateful, and I'll be sure to make an appreciatory reply.’
- ‘She quickly flashed him an appreciatory grin, and walked over to one of the towering shelves stuffed with books.’
- ‘Monday came and went with no rushed assistant appearing at my cubicle, no complimentary front-row tickets, no appreciatory bouquet of flowers for a small but life-saving loan.’
- ‘At the same time, governments have usually moved to stave off depreciatory, not appreciatory, speculation against their currencies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.