One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She quickly flashed him an appreciatory grin, and walked over to one of the towering shelves stuffed with books.’
- ‘At the same time, governments have usually moved to stave off depreciatory, not appreciatory, speculation against their currencies.’
- ‘Monday came and went with no rushed assistant appearing at my cubicle, no complimentary front-row tickets, no appreciatory bouquet of flowers for a small but life-saving loan.’
- ‘I'll respect and consider them, I'll be grateful, and I'll be sure to make an appreciatory reply.’
- ‘Today consumers love products that have appreciatory value -’ I might not own the mansion, but I can have the floor of the wealthy.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.