Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘He articulates his conception of a politics of simplicity - one rooted in beauty, peace of mind, appreciativeness, and generosity of spirit.’
- ‘But the respect and appreciativeness we are shown by the patients makes up for any fears.’
- ‘Look at him like only you would, with love, adoration and appreciativeness.’
- ‘She confessed that it was not always easy with the system in place, but the sincere appreciativeness of the patients gave great value to her efforts.’
- ‘I finished my Christmas thank-you notes by hand, which meant they wandered fiercely off topic and communicated little beyond a continuing existence and a desperate appreciativeness.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.