One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There's no need to feel nervous about reading your work; members are more likely to coo appreciatively than tear your piece apart.’
- ‘I sipped, cautiously, and then slurped, appreciatively.’
- ‘Once the ensuing reverential silence has descended, spoon out into bowls, inundate with custard and eat slowly and appreciatively.’
- ‘Furthermore, both my sister and mother-in-law have recently spent time in hospital, and they took spoke warmly and appreciatively of the care they received there.’
- ‘And, slowly, she put one giant paw out, then the next, and padded out a couple of feet to stand, sniffing the air appreciatively, and gazing all about her.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.