One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There's no need to feel nervous about reading your work; members are more likely to coo appreciatively than tear your piece apart.’
- ‘And, slowly, she put one giant paw out, then the next, and padded out a couple of feet to stand, sniffing the air appreciatively, and gazing all about her.’
- ‘Furthermore, both my sister and mother-in-law have recently spent time in hospital, and they took spoke warmly and appreciatively of the care they received there.’
- ‘I sipped, cautiously, and then slurped, appreciatively.’
- ‘Once the ensuing reverential silence has descended, spoon out into bowls, inundate with custard and eat slowly and appreciatively.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.