One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
To an appreciable extent; considerably.‘profits have grown appreciably over the last four years’as submodifier ‘an appreciably higher risk’
considerably, substantially, significantly, markedlyView synonyms
- ‘It is also important to note that, in general, south Indian society and economy are appreciably more dynamic than those of the north.’
- ‘These variations can differ appreciably for different parties.’
- ‘It is hard to find too many members of the European squad performing better now than 12 months ago: most are playing appreciably worse.’
- ‘This is appreciably larger than the numbers I put down.’
- ‘Neither does he see any cause for concern in Ireland given that house prices have started to slow appreciably in the past 12 months.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.