One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
To an appreciable extent; considerably.‘profits have grown appreciably over the last four years’as submodifier ‘an appreciably higher risk’
considerably, substantially, significantly, markedlyView synonyms
- ‘Neither does he see any cause for concern in Ireland given that house prices have started to slow appreciably in the past 12 months.’
- ‘This is appreciably larger than the numbers I put down.’
- ‘It is hard to find too many members of the European squad performing better now than 12 months ago: most are playing appreciably worse.’
- ‘It is also important to note that, in general, south Indian society and economy are appreciably more dynamic than those of the north.’
- ‘These variations can differ appreciably for different parties.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.