One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Jesse cocked a eyebrow and looked at him appraisingly.’
- ‘‘Fine job you did there,’ she commented appraisingly.’
- ‘Papa loved to tell the story of the way he'd circled the piece appraisingly while the salesman talked.’
- ‘The president looked at him appraisingly, several people in the room recall.’
- ‘The captain studied him closely, appraisingly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.