Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘In examining prices by specific neighborhoods and price per square foot, our method of analysis is similar to that used by real-estate appraisers and county assessors to determine home values.’
- ‘Business appraisers may find cluster analysis useful for purposes of applying market approaches to the determination of business enterprise value.’
- ‘In addition to job performance, appraisers are expected to evaluate employees' personal qualities such as sincerity, loyalty, and attitude towards their work, which are difficult to measure.’
- ‘Support personnel, such as credit analysts and appraisers, are employed to assist the loan officers with their workload.’
- ‘I was with a collector and his support group of experts and appraisers last year.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.