One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Drilling undertaken to establish the quality, quantity, and other characteristics of oil or gas in a newly discovered field.
- ‘The share price has begun to recover as the company has restarted appraisal drilling.’
- ‘The company will now acquire three-dimensional seismic data from the area and conduct appraisal drilling to obtain more details needed to formulate the field's development plan.’
- ‘Exploration and appraisal drilling is expected to jump by about 30% year on year, with rigs being pulled back to UK waters from overseas.’
- ‘The semi-submersible drilling rig the ‘Ocean Whittington’ has arrived in the Kudu Licence Area off the southern coast of Namibia, to commence appraisal drilling in the Kudu gas field.’
- ‘To enable the company to address these simultaneously, additional gas reserves would need to be proven in the Kudu gas field through seismic and appraisal drilling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.