One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Drilling undertaken to establish the quality, quantity, and other characteristics of oil or gas in a newly discovered field.
- ‘To enable the company to address these simultaneously, additional gas reserves would need to be proven in the Kudu gas field through seismic and appraisal drilling.’
- ‘The company will now acquire three-dimensional seismic data from the area and conduct appraisal drilling to obtain more details needed to formulate the field's development plan.’
- ‘The share price has begun to recover as the company has restarted appraisal drilling.’
- ‘The semi-submersible drilling rig the ‘Ocean Whittington’ has arrived in the Kudu Licence Area off the southern coast of Namibia, to commence appraisal drilling in the Kudu gas field.’
- ‘Exploration and appraisal drilling is expected to jump by about 30% year on year, with rigs being pulled back to UK waters from overseas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.