One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They have talked late into the night, and, appositely, it is now dawn.’
- ‘Popularly mooted ‘Governance Reform’ in the South Asian subcontinent should appositely commence from the leadership ranks.’
- ‘The breeding female and male will differ appositely in some traits, female legs require a more slender appearance than the strong bone required for a bull calf.’
- ‘The sketches take the reader into our lurid political past, the author tossing out the appositely tongue-in-cheek quote, the well-informed political parallel abroad.’
- ‘More appositely, it makes a fine partner to the Bin 65 Chardonnay if you intend to serve a heavily spiced leg of lamb tomorrow.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.