One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And yet, on the other hand, maybe the relationship is properly seen as part of the qualifications, precisely because it is often closely correlated to how well the appointer knows and trusts the appointee.’
- ‘It leads to reduced credibility of the appointees and may lead people to question the motives of the appointers.’
- ‘It is not a perfect system - vacancies do not occur on regular schedules, and judges do not always decide cases the way their appointers might have anticipated.’
- ‘Receivers and managers in the case of insolvency regularly fail to obtain indemnities from their appointers but look usually only to the assets.’
- ‘What's important is the judgment and the will of the appointer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.