Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Equipment should include an extra suction machine, autotransfusion assembly, vascular clamps, and clip appliers.’
- ‘As soon as space forces demonstrate an attack capability, we should include them as force appliers in these task forces.’
- ‘It might seem odd at first; we might assume that people who believe in miracles are highly unlikely to become good scientists or even good appliers of science (which doctors are).’
- ‘Integration of the color team and paint appliers is crucial.’
- ‘The extra-large clips were used and placed with a clip applier that contains 25 clips and comes individually wrapped in sterilized packs.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.