Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- fuller form of API
- ‘The OS by definition must include an application programming interface, and hardware interfaces in the form of device drivers.’
- ‘The service layer may have an application programming interface that permits many applications to have access to the database.’
- ‘Other systems take advantage of application programming interfaces, which enable software to interact via a standard set of operations and commands.’
- ‘Access to the physical stores can take place through the logical store with a single call to an appropriate application programming interface.’
- ‘If we think of a Web URL as a really simple interface for requesting information - a simple application programming interface - then a Web feed is one of the simplest responses we can receive.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.