Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- fuller form of API
- ‘If we think of a Web URL as a really simple interface for requesting information - a simple application programming interface - then a Web feed is one of the simplest responses we can receive.’
- ‘Other systems take advantage of application programming interfaces, which enable software to interact via a standard set of operations and commands.’
- ‘The service layer may have an application programming interface that permits many applications to have access to the database.’
- ‘The OS by definition must include an application programming interface, and hardware interfaces in the form of device drivers.’
- ‘Access to the physical stores can take place through the logical store with a single call to an appropriate application programming interface.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.